Julia finds 300 million pesetas
hidden in a dead man's home while selling an apartment. This 40-ish
real estate agent is now forced to face the wrath of a very
peculiar homeowner's association headed by an unscrupulous
administrator. Black humor gives way to suspense, closely followed
by horror that doesn't take long in becoming a shameless and
Awards and festivals
* Three Goya Awards (Spanish Academy Awards):
- Best Leading Actress: Carmen Maura.
- Best Supporting Actor: Emilio Gutiérrez Caba.
- Best Special Effects.
* Twelve Nominations at the Goya Awards:
- Best Film.
- Best Director: Álex de la Iglesia.
- Best Supporting Actress: Terele Pávez.
- Best Original Screenplay: Jorge Guerricaechevarría, Álex de la
- Best Original Score: Roque Baños.
- Best Photography: Kiko de la Rica.
- Best Editing: Alejandro Lázaro.
- Best Sound.
- Best Art Direction.
- Best Costume Design.
- Best Makeup and Hairstyling.
- Best Production Supervision.
* Nominated to Two European Film Awards.
* Silver Shell for Best Actress to Carmen Maura at the
Internacional Film Festival of San Sebastián.