A priest believes he has discovered
the secret message of the Apocalypse according to Saint John: the
Antichrist is to be born on the 25th of December 1995 in Madrid. In
order to stop this satanic birth, the Priest teams up with José
María, a heavy metal fan, and does his best to find out where in
Madrid the apocalyptic event will take place.
Awards and festivals
* Six Goya Awards (Spanish Academy Awards):
- Best Director: Álex de la Iglesia.
- Best New Actor: Santiago Segura.
- Best Sound.
- Best Special Effects.
- Best Art Direction.
- Best Makeup and Hairstyling.
* Eight Nominations at de Goya Awards:
- Best Film.
- Best Leading Actor.
- Best Original Screenplay: Álex de la Iglesia, Jorge
- Best Original Score: Battista Lena.
- Best Photography: Flavio Martínez Labiano.
- Best Editing: Teresa Font.
- Best Costume Design.
- Best Production Supervision.
* Melies D´Or, European Film Fantasy Award. Brussels 1996.